Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Waffles

So I have now experienced my first American Easter.  It wasn't really much of an event really.  We went to church and then went home.  That was about it.  There were no eggs, no cards, no Easter dress.  It wasn't for a lack of trying or anything, more a clash of work schedules that prevented any more excitement.  Wifey did go out the day after and buy a ton of chocolate on the cheap, which I spent most of Easter Monday eating.  I've felt sick since.

I say Easter Monday, but that's a bit of a meaningless term here.  Nobody has Easter Monday off.  Nobody has Good Friday off.  I never really got that name.  What's so good about it?  Some guy gets nailed to a tree and dies.  That's not much fun for anyone, is it?  What's so good about it?  Maybe it should have been called Pretty Shit Friday, followed by Downer Saturday and then Hey Guys, Guess What? Sunday.  At least that would have been in keeping with the gist of the story.

Another reason for the non-Easter event was that over the weekend my aunt and uncle got back from England having visited my friends over there.  It turns out there was a bit of a falling out over an escaped penis and now nobody is talking to anybody.  Not really my fault but I have lost one of the last people in England that I regularly communicated with over this whole debacle.  I can't really understand why.  Actually I can, but I can't really go into details about it, in case his wife ever reads this and I drop him in it. Or is that saying too much anyway?  Oops.

I think the whole getting blocked/cut off thing stems more from a guilty conscience on someone's part rather than a penis attack.  It's a bit sad that I get treated like a piece of shit though when I've done nothing wrong.  I'm no angel by any stretch of the imagination but I like to think that I take marriage seriously and I don't go looking to make trouble for myself by being disrespectful.  That took a bit of getting used to, being a married man and not being able to chat and flirt like I would have done before.  Maybe some people can switch that off overnight but not me.  It took a good few months to make that adjustment, much to the annoyance of my wife.  I'm glad she's got more patience than me.

It makes me sad when I lose people out of my life.  Fair enough, if they die then there's not a lot you can do about that.  But when you lose people over stupid dumb shit that really isn't worth getting upset about, it's just frustrating.  Life is too short to go throwing away connections and relationships too easily.

I was going to write something about religion but I seem to have gone off waffling into some stream of consciousness.  I do apologize if you've made it this far and were expecting something interesting to happen.  It isn't going to.  This is what they call the proverbial anti-climax.  Nothing to see here, folks.  Move along. These aren't the droids you're looking for etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment